Tuesday 2 July 2013

We Neglect Our Shit.

Chef's neglect a lot of things.

Clothes, health, relationships, personal hygeine, TV show committments, electricity bills... Pretty much anything that isn't our knives or our booze.

Hell even our shoes get flung in the dishwasher to be cleaned at the end of the night. I've worked as a kitchen hand long enough in my time to know exactly what one of those industrial bad boys can and can't do. A speck of dough will clog it up in a heart beat, leaving you stranded after midnight, poking at the plughole with the rear end of a whisk and a bit of initiative.

But it'll polish the fuck out of your clogs.

So I don't reckon I'll have kids.

I mean, I once killed a cactus. I actually neglected a plant that has been designed by nature to endure all forms of brutality and harsh environments, so badly that it wilted and died in my suburban setting.

I guess you can say I'm just playing it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment