Thursday 7 February 2013

The 'Simple Aussie Picnic' .

Does not exist.

At least not in my family. Whenever we have a little picnic shindig it really should be decoded as 'bring every item you own and put it next to everything your cousin owns and see who has the better lawn chair'.

Every. Single. Time.

My Dad has adorned the phrase, "If you don't have to make at least three trips to the car, you're not even bloody trying."

And that's coming from the man who once piled up his arms with a boxed Weber, 3 month old me and a stack of lettuces because he was worried he would be emasculated if he couldn't do it all at once.

In retrospect, every Aussie male's movements are derivatives of What Makes The Alpha Male.

You know... Aside from the first case and point of it being the bloke who comfortably takes possession of the host's tongs in order to turn the snags himself.

I suppose I've never really paid too much attention. I'm usually far too consumed in thought about how to best utilise my years of Tetris addiction when figuring out the alcohol:food ratio in the esky.

AY! That shit's important.

What do they even teach in school these days...?

No comments:

Post a Comment